Friday, September 18, 2009

Yummy!


While "working" today, I came across a great recipe for bread sticks that I just had to try. A fellow Etsian was kind enough to let me share the recipe with you!

By the way, she has a great shop that you should check out here. KarenElizDesigns

I must admit, that I am not much of a baker, probably not enough patience. We don't even own any teaspoon or tablespoon measuring thingys. But I was able to whip these out without a problem! Try them yourself and let me know how it goes.

1 pkg. active dry yeast
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup warm water
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 cup shredded old cheddar

Combine yeast and warm water in a measuring cup and let
stand 10 minutes. In a mixing bowl, stir together flour
and spices. Add 3 tbsp of the oil. Stir the yeast mixture
into the flour mixture to make a shaggy dough. Mix in the
cheese with your hands. Knead for 5 minutes, then let rise for
1 1/2 hours. Punch down the dough, then divide it into 32 pieces.
Roll each piece into a long, skinny stick approximately 12 inches long.
Place the sticks on a cookie sheet, brush them with the rest of the
olive oil, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. wow, these look amazing. There's truly no better comfort food than homemade bread, and homemade bread with cheese in it seems almost sinful. I can't wait to make these for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Semolina is my latest crazze
    http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete