Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sugar Cookies


I know! It isn't Christmas yet, but we have lots of happiness going on this Christmas and I don't know, or rather didn't know how to make a sugar cookie. This is it! I generally don't care for sugar cookies, but this beauty is tasty. I will admit that I did half whole wheat flour and half all purpose, I also added a bit of nutmeg and cinnamon. I don't think the cinnamon was needed, but the nutmeg, really did the job.
I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com and adjusted it as noted above.
Christmas, will be perfect this year.
I was also thinking that adding a little coconut or chopped macadamia nuts to the cookies would be so yummy!
Let me know if you give this a try.
1-1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour,
baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and
vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into
balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet
two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks

P.S. This recipe makes about 24 cookies.
P.S.S. DO NOT cook this babies any longer than 8 minutes or they will become much too crunchy. In fact, I started checking on them after 6 minutes, as our oven can get rather hot.
P.S.S.S. I also rolled some of the cookies in a bit of powdered sugar, and those were my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment